RE: [SI-LIST] : SI analysis: IBIS vs. HSpice

From: [email protected]
Date: Fri Jan 19 2001 - 06:35:08 PST

Hey Todd,

Good to hear from you!

As we dive into what I suspect might end up being a lively discussion, I'd
like to go one step further than Pat and ask specifically if your asking
about behavioral modeling vs. transistor level modeling. I intentionally
leave the word Spice out, because in reality you can do behavioral modeling
with Spice (we've been doing that for years). Also, I leave out the word
IBIS because IBIS is a data set not a model in and of itself. So, if
someone wanted to do a nasty little bit of perl scripting you could
certainly take an IBIS data set and create a "transistor" model for that
data set (albeit, a pretty crude, simple one).

So, is that the topic your looking to address, transistor level vs.
behavioral modeling?

Regards,

Jim P.

Jim Pankratz