Re: [SI-LIST] : SI analysis: IBIS vs. HSpice

From: Perry Qu ([email protected])
Date: Fri Jan 19 2001 - 05:49:26 PST

Hi! Todd:

I have been using both HSPICE and tools based on IBIS model (e.g., Viewlogic
XTK). I used XTK for most of the pre-layout simulation and for post-layout
simulation. However, in some cases HSPICE is the only choice. e.g.,

1. Only SPICE model is available for devices and I don't want the extra trouble
of translating.
2. Most of the models of connectors are in SPICE format.

That's my 2 cents.

Perry Qu