[SI-LIST] : what sort of jitter to expect...

From: Sehar Fatima Sagarwala ([email protected])
Date: Sun Jan 14 2001 - 20:23:11 PST

Hello SI folks,

I am using Motorola(On Semi)differential clock drivers in my design
(mc100lvep111, mc100lve222). I am using the drivers in LVPECL mode. I
am using 1.25 V as
VTT(since VCC is 3.3V). My question would be, "how much jitter should I
expect on the output if VTT varies from 1.1V to 1.4V". I am trying to
narrow down the causes of jitter on the output.

Secondly, somebody suggested terminating the lvpecl outputs to ground
instead of VTT. I have never done that before. What do you people
say????

Regards,

Malang