[SI-LIST] : Prior Art: FR-4 lossy W models

From: D. C. Sessions ([email protected])
Date: Wed Jan 03 2001 - 19:26:30 PST

One of our engineers is working on some ludicrously fast signaling that
customers (IMHO foolishly) want to do on FR-4 instead of something
sensible. Then again, I suppose I shouldn't complain if they save money
on the material and spend it on the silicon...

Anyway, rather than reinvent the wheel he's looking for some coupled
differential line models for ~110 ohm FR-4 (the usual 5 mil traces etc.)
Which leads me to suspect that there's a need for a prior-art repository.

In the meantime, does anyone have reasonable lossy models that they
want to contribute?

--
| The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. |
| Because the slow, feeble old codgers like me cheat.                |