RE: [SI-LIST] : IBIS model (Package parasitics)

From: LEE,HENRY (A-SanJose,ex1) ([email protected])
Date: Tue Dec 19 2000 - 09:11:20 PST

Stephen,

that is exactly what I mean. So what you are saying is that, if
I include the parasitics only while the IBIS model is built, there will
be a big difference compared to if I exclude it during model build and
include it in the IBIS model file (as R_pkg, etc). I expected this
difference in the model files but what I really wanted to ask was when
I use these 2 models in an analysis tool like XTK, will I see any
difference.?
After all, for a user of the IBIS models, this is what matters.

I take it from the other respondents that the answer is no, there is no
difference. If this is the case, then we could use either method to handle
the parasitics of the package.