Re: [SI-LIST] : What first-routing/plane splitting?

From: Mike Mayer ([email protected])
Date: Tue Dec 19 2000 - 05:34:54 PST

> Hello all, I would like to know which one among the following
> two is the preferred way of making a plane split so that we can
> avoid signals crossing plane splits:

[...]

It is usually an iterative process. If you are using an autorouter you
need to create the split planes before routing if you want to include
the keep out constraints around the plane split. What you would
normally do is:

    - Place parts such that parts connecting to the same plane are
      together and there is a nice area for the split. You will
      probably be able to visualize where you want the plane split to
      go after the parts are placed.

    - Create the split planes and rules for autorouter.

    - Route

    - If the route could not complete, look at what happened. You may
      need to move parts and/or the plane split to make room for
      traces and/or vias.

Mike Mayer