[SI-LIST] : Backplane Board insertion problem

From: Mendelsohn, Joseph P (Joseph) ([email protected])
Date: Wed Dec 06 2000 - 08:14:32 PST

I would tend to agree with Mark. You probably do not have enough
capacitance in the backplane, or you do not have an inrush(soft-start)
circuit. There are many ways to avoid this problem. Check out the
following brief in EDN
http://www.ednmag.com/ednmag/reg/1997/121897/26di_07.htm
<http://www.ednmag.com/ednmag/reg/1997/121897/26di_07.htm> . This type of
circuit or, a simple MOSFET with a set RC time constant can help.

Joseph