Re: [SI-LIST] : Eye pattern with differencial signals.

From: Bob Lewandowski ([email protected])
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 18:41:37 PST

Tek has a newer version diff probe, the P6330, (3 GHz BW) that has significantly
lower input capacitance than the older P6247 (1 GHz BW), or the P6248 (1.7 GHz
BW). The prototype I saw about a year ago had input capacitances of ~0.3 pF
differential, and ~0.5 pF common mode. They took somewhat of a hit in making it
manufacturable, but they still claim <0.5 pF differential and no common mode
spec. The common mode cap was the killer in the older units (P6247 & P6248),
~2. pF. We had a board with through 100 ohm differential traces and SMA
connectors at both ends. We looked at the through signal (~1 GHz square wave
with Tr ~100 pS ) with and without the probes attached, and even the Tek
marketing people were surprised at the degradation of the signal when the probe
older probe was applied. The new one was quite decent, almost no degradation.

Bring money! :-) $5.4K

http://www.tek.com/Measurement/accessories/index.html

---Bob Lewandowski
    Vixel Corp.