RE: [SI-LIST] : Routing Differential Pairs as 100 differentially Vs individually 50 ohm lines

From: Larry Miller ([email protected])
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 07:09:44 PST

Virtually all decent trace impedance calculators take into account the trace
thickness (i.e., it's an input parameter). You have an exaggerated situation
where your traces probably look more like square beams rather than somewhat
thin sheet-like cross-sections. Actually, this is good for controlling the
ratio between common-mode and differential impedances.

Larry Miller