Re: [SI-LIST] : matched delay

From: Michael Nudelman ([email protected])
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 06:34:59 PST

Khanh:

Rough estimate: calculate all your desired additional signal loss
margin, left after you added up all known skew sources, losses for skin
effect, trace impedance, cables etc. Then take your skew number, which
is roughly 6 inches per ns, or 6 mils per ps. So, every, say, 20 mils
traces' skew will give you 120 ps signal skew. Knowing your slopes'
worst case slew rate and the worst case diff. amplitude, rougly
estimate, what percentage of the amplitude you will loose, and see, if
it still within your receiver's worst case tolerance for minimum signal.

The skew itself will not directly add to jitter, but, as you can see,
will add to losses