Re: [SI-LIST] : Question about Thin Flexible Coaxial cable

From: Michael Nudelman ([email protected])
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 17:11:05 PST

Jerry:

I don't know about the cable, but I can give you an idea of skewing clocks
within nanosec.

See, TX line is a resistor-like-behaving thing. So, tap into it right befor
the termination - and you have practically no additional delay from the tap
place to your RX input.
Use another identical line (or the same) and take your signal right after
termination. You create a delay of a front equivalent of that by RC =
Rchar_imped*C_load. Which at 50 Ohm times 10pF is 0.5ns

You just skewed your clocks by 0.5ns.

Mike.