Re: [SI-LIST] : DC Motor part 2

From: Ole Segtnan ([email protected])
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 01:04:30 PST

Hi Erwin,

First of all let me apologize for a mistake in my previous mail: I thought
"back EMF" meant the induced reverse voltage in the armature winding when it
is switched off, but I can see from the other postings that "back EMF" is the
common term for the internal generated voltage in the motor. My mistake,-
blame it on my bad english..:-((
If you substitute "induced voltage" for "back EMF", the text is correct.

Regarding your new question: Yes, the last (negative) spike must be due to the
back EMF (The voltage generated by the motor spinning).

Now I have a question: Where is the return path of the negative current?
Looking at your schematic in the first mail, I cannot see anything that could
conduct it, but maybe there are more components?

I hope I haven't caused too much confusion with the "back EMF" issue!

Ole

--
Ole Segtnan                    Phone: +46 (0)70 267 0475
Ericsson Radio Systems         email: [email protected]