Re: [SI-LIST] : differential impedance calculations

From: Brad Underwood ([email protected])
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 14:39:49 PST

The equation z in your drawing is for the characteristic impedance of
the line in the geometries of the board you described with the
variables. This is without the effects of coupling from the other trace.
You need to calculated the odd and even mode impedances based on the
coupling factor of the other trace.

Regards,
Brad

Brad Underwood