RE: [SI-LIST] : effect of trace width on the performance

From: Ed Priest ([email protected])
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 12:05:07 PST

Did the anti-pad size change? Did the same vendor make both boards?

I've seen cases where different boards were made with vastly different anti-pad sizes and had a major effect on the amount of copper left on the planes. Some boards would look very clean and some would be unuseable.

We found the problem by X-raying the boards but sometimes it's so bad you can tell by holding them up to the light.

Ed