RE: [SI-LIST] : Parallel single-ended traces routed to achieve 35 Ohm controlledimpedance

From: Ken Cantrell ([email protected])
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 08:57:57 PST

Salvador,
Sorry for the confusion. The long story made short, judging from the
you are talking about (thanks to A. Ingrahm for enlightening me). Schedule
and cost dictate this type of work around. It's not the right way to do it,
it is the cost effective way to accomplish the task. I still maintain that
this is due to inadequate planning in the development stage, and should be
expressed as an SI banner in the design meetings. If we don't all push this
concept, we'll be cleaning up messes forever. No one gets it right the
first time, but why repeat the mistake?
Michael,
Perhaps you should have read the whole thread. At any rate, I was talking
about whether or not stitching the two lines together constituted
parallelism, which it does not (anyone care to enlighten me if I'm
incorrect?). Termination is required. Please review the thread in that
light. I have responded to your specifics below in *text*.
Ken