RE: [SI-LIST] : High Speed AC Coupling

From: Tom Dagostino ([email protected])
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 16:22:28 PST

DC block and AC coupling are two terms for the same thing. One is a
negative and the other a positive -- half empty/half full.

Look at the problem as a voltage divider between the complex Xc of the
coupling cap and the Zin of the receiver. As long as enough of the signal
from the source is impressed across the receiver it should work.

I would also make sure the low frequency cut-off of the system matches your
bandwidth requirements.

Tom Dagostino
IBIS and Tau Modeling Manager
SDD