Re: [SI-LIST] : Request for help

From: Michael Nudelman ([email protected])
Date: Wed Oct 25 2000 - 15:04:21 PDT

Yaserh:

Seems like you have a de-coupling problem. If you can assure me, that
your device is powered exactly like this: 110V(220V)Transformer -
rectifier - capacitor, and you do not connect this device to any other
devices (all connections are within the device), thatn I can almost
certainly tell, that you do not have good de-coupling capacitors.

Advice: calculate your current and use 1) switching grade electrolitic
capacitors and 2) 0.1uF capacitors per every chip with one VCC/GND pin
pair on the board or per every VCC pin of every device on the board.
If it is a short brownout - this will help.

Mike.