[SI-LIST] : Request for help

From: yaserh ([email protected])
Date: Wed Oct 25 2000 - 14:10:20 PDT

Dear Sir :

I have a problem in a microcontroller board works with a linear power supply from a power transformer.
The problem is when any device is in the AC plug with my board switches on or off my board hangs.
I have checked my +5V supply with the Digital storage oscilliscope and i find in switching the other devices i found spike of level +6V for duration of 100 ns over the +5V and in other times it's -6V for duration of 100 ns down the +5V. I have reviewed my PCB i found no problem. I put a line filter with my AC line it does not solve the problem.

I need to know from where this spikes come to my circuit and how i can solve this problem.

Waiting for reply
With my best regards
Yasser El-haddad