Re: [SI-LIST] : Re: Diff probes for tdr.

From: Ravinder Ajmani/San Jose/IBM ([email protected])
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 08:57:56 PDT

The correspondence on this subject has provided me excellent information on
TDR measurements. I have been using a Tek 11801C oscilloscope with TDR
sampling head. I have measured same pair of differential traces with and
without the probe ground attached to the board, and I have not observed any
difference in the measured impedance. What is critical is that the ground
return of the two probes should be tied together very close to the probe
tips.

Regards, Ravinder
PCB Development and Design Department
IBM Corporation - Storage Systems Division
Email: [email protected]
Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
.... Mark Twain

[email protected] (David Instone)@silab.eng.sun.com on
10/24/2000 01:44:52 AM

Please respond to [email protected] (David Instone)

Sent by: [email protected]