RE: [SI-LIST] : Far end crosstalk

From: Peterson, James F (FL51) (
Date: Fri Oct 13 2000 - 07:59:56 PDT

Hello Ohio,
I guess my question would be, why does it have to be a ratio of anything?
Why can't it just be the amount of noise visible at the far end of the
victim's transmission line?
I guess if it is a rating of a t-line's capacity for crosstalk then you
might go with a ratio (for x amount of voltage injected at the aggressor's
t-line you will get x mV of coupled noise at the victim's far end). If this
is the case I would think you would use the aggressor's initial signal