Re: [SI-LIST] : 2.5Gbps across a backplane?

From: Michael Nudelman ([email protected])
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 11:20:41 PDT

Todd:

I will have to warn you"

Our design is very similar to yours. The trace runs on backplane, etc. Well, if
you maybe do not use any cables....And for all I know - with FR4 we would not
make it. Some re-timers actually just could not take a signal with THAT jitter
with THIS amplitude. Especially the VITESSE.

Mike.

Do yourself a favout: convince them to re-design the backplane - you are opening
a HUGE can of worms leaving yyour backplane FR-4. And read this Teradyne report
- it is good.