RE: [SI-LIST] : 2.5Gbps across a backplane?

From: Todd Derego ([email protected])
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 10:55:00 PDT

Yeah it is already designed and built. And I just found out that I also have
to be back-compatible with the 1.25Gbps Agilent and Vitesse transceivers,
YEAH!
My longest trace run is 40" broadside through the backplane, and then 16"
total edge coupled through the plug in cards (which I plane to shorten and
change to broadside in the plugin card redesign). The Impedance is 100 ohms
differential.
I am all too aware of the high loss in FR4 at these speeds (I came from
HADCO and lots of pain with issues of high speed digital boards).
Thanks! I love all this feedback.
Todd