[SI-LIST] : 2.5Gbps across a backplane?

From: Todd Derego ([email protected])
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 05:36:02 PDT

        I'm working to take a present 1.25Gbps backplane to 2.5Gbps or
faster. Any thought on transceivers with preemphasis and/or adaptive
equalization to help get 2.5Gbps or better across a long FR4 backplane? The
eye looks pretty collapsed at 2.5Gbps but I have seen some products the
drive across a twisted pair and seem to recover a signal from something that
does look much like a signal.
        Thanks!
        Todd

Todd DeRego