[SI-LIST] : Crosstalk between signals running on different layers

From: Giorgio Ravesio ([email protected])
Date: Sun Oct 08 2000 - 23:42:10 PDT

Hi all,

I am wondering if exist some equation stating the amount of crosstalk
induced on a signal trace by another trace running on a different PCB
layer.
In my specific case I am working on a PCB with the following layup:

L1 --- signal
L2 ------------- Plane (Gnd)
L3 --- signal
L4 --- signal
L5 ------------- Plane (Power)
L6 ------------- Plane (Power)
L7 --- signal
L8 --- signal
L9 ------------- Plane (gnd)
L10 --- signal

I would like to have some hint in order to evaluate a "safe" thickness
between L3 and L4 (L7 and L8 either) in order to have
an acceptable crosstalk level between two lines running one underneath
the other in such a layers.

Thanks in advance.

Giorgio Ravesio.
Flextel s.p.a. - C.so Vercelli 328 - Ivrea (To) Italy
Tel : +039 -125 -235307