Re: [SI-LIST] : No buried/embedded capacitance?

From: Ray Anderson ([email protected])
Date: Fri Sep 22 2000 - 12:36:02 PDT

> From: "Muhammad S. Sagarwala" <[email protected]>
> To: <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: [SI-LIST] : No buried/embedded capacitance?

> 0508 caps with 1nh ESL????I am looking at the AVX specs and
> they list the ESL to be 0.6nh.
> I am pretty sure Murata specs them to be less than 1nh too...I would
> recommend checking the
> ESL spec. again...

Yes, they spec some low number in the data sheet, but is that
a mounted inductance or merely the partial inductance contributed
to the total loop inductance by the capacitor parasitics.

The number in the data sheet is a limit to how good it can get,
but the actual mounted inductance can certainly be a whole
lot more depending on the geometry of the mounting pads and
the plane stackup.

Depending on the mounting geometry and stackup, 1 nH may be
a pretty good estimate (or not).....

-Ray