RE: [SI-LIST] : Electrical Properties of Solder

From: Fasig, Jonathan L. ([email protected])
Date: Wed Sep 20 2000 - 10:07:36 PDT

The conductivity of 63Sn/37Pb solder at 22 degrees celcius is given as 6.9E4
per ohm*cm per Table 3-3 page 68 of "Modern Solder Technology for
Competitive Electronics Manufacturing" by Jennie Hwang, copyright 1996 by
McGraw Hill. Other alloys are also listed and range from 9.4E4 for
96.5Sn/3.5Ag to 2.6E4 for 42Sn/58Bi. The Sn/Pb alloys seem to run 4.8E4 to
6.9E4. Resistivity is the reciprocal of conductivity.

Hope this helps.
jf