Re: [SI-LIST] : DDR SDRAM DQS vs DQ

From: Scott McMorrow ([email protected])
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 18:14:05 PDT

Ken,

It is easier (read cheaper) to edge allign DQS in the SDRAM. To do otherwise
would require a DLL for output timing control in SDRAM. Since there are many
more DDR SDRAM in a system than controllers, it was decided to place the
burden of clocking allignment on the Controller. This reduces the cost of the
DRAM at the expense of complexity in the controller.

regards,

scott

--
Scott McMorrow