[SI-LIST] : length constraints in Specctraquest

From: Aloke Bhattacharya ([email protected])
Date: Mon Sep 04 2000 - 05:40:20 PDT

Hello,
 I have a simple topology like this:

Driver ------TL1---------/\/\/\/\-------TL2----------Receiver
                                  33ohm

The driver is connected to the receiver through a 33ohm series
termination resistor. This Xnet is a part of
a group of source synchronous signals and I need to apply the following
constraints to the above topology in Sigxp:
(i) the length of (TL1+TL2) has to match across all the signals within
50 mils.
(ii)TL1+TL2 length should be between 1 inch and 6 inches

In the set constraints menu of Sigxp, I don't see any option of applying
delay or matched delay constraints
to the sum of lengths of two or more transmission lines. Currently I am
able to apply the delay or the matched delay constraint to only a single
segment of a transmission line(like TL1 or TL2 in the above diagram).
Does anybody know how to assign such a constraint in Sigxp? If it is not
possible to assign it in Sigxp, is it possible to do it in Allegro?

With regards,
Aloke

* Aloke Bhattacharya,                                                *
* Senior Engineer-VLSI/System Design,
* Wipro Infotech,                                                    *
* Global R&D,                                                        *
* 88, M.G. Road, 5th Floor,                                          *
* S.B. Towers,                                                       *
* Bangalore- 560 001 ,                                               *
* INDIA                                                              *
* Tel : 91-80-5588422(Ext. 520)                                      *
* email: [email protected]