[SI-LIST] : Re: Field Solvers - notes from Jan Vercammen, Doug McKean, others

From: [email protected]
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 23:12:39 PDT

Hi Everyone,
From time to time you will see one of us from Polar following up on the
issues of our field solver calculated values versus measured board impedance
values. We do this when it appears that there may be discrepancy. Often we
may request board samples in order that we may make dimensional and impedance
measurements ourselves. Based on thousands of samples measured over the
years, we consistently see correlation within the percent range (when the
sample is measured properly !), but we all have stuff to learn, so continue
to welcome samples for comparison and verification seeking the exception that
will help us improve.
We are happy to work with anyone who is experiencing difficulties in the form
of boards seemingly not achieving field solver predictions based on actual
dimensions.

Cheers, All,
Ken.

Ken Taylor