Re: [SI-LIST] : skin effect

From: Stefan Ludwig ([email protected])
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 10:27:03 PDT

Muhammad,

going from 1/2 oz. to 1 oz. increases the thickness of the trace by .7
mil. (thickness (in) = weight (oz) * 1.4). Therefore the perimeter
increases by 1.4 mil. For a 6 mil trace, this is 10%, so it should
have some effect, but not a significant one. Going from a 6 to an 8
mil trace (1/2 oz) increases the perimeter by 30%.

Stefan