Re: [SI-LIST] : PCB Suppliers - 4 mil dielectric

From: Dave Hoover ([email protected])
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 07:09:49 PDT

Peter,

For cores, 4 mil thick is the "leading edge" here
in the states. MANY PCB suppliers can do this.
It's below 4 mil (bleeding edge) that really starts
becoming difficult (and tricky to process at
fabrication). As Lee Ritchey pointed out earlier,
it's very easy to process <4 mil dielectrics between
cores (as prepreg). Some shops may choose that
approach
as an option if they are not well versed with the
challenge of "ultra thin core processing".
And yes...Michael Grimm pointed out a few shops that
can easily supply the 4 mil core PCBS.

Dave Hoover