RE: [SI-LIST] : Schematic tools for generating HSPICE file

From: Jay Diepenbrock/Raleigh/IBM ([email protected])
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 06:18:18 PDT

Perry,

I for a number of years used the Workview product from ViewLogic (now
Innoveda) for schematic capture for HSPICE, and it was great! I have
recently upgraded from the old PC DOS version to a Win version, and have
not tried to build an HSPICE netlist with this version yet, but would hope
that the same capability exists. I've used a number of schematic editors
over the years, and it's the best one I've seen for analog schematics.
Custom symbol building capability is high on my list for things like
buffers (and should work for IBIS models as well, because you would treat
them the same, as black boxes with pins), and it's the best tool I've seen
for that.

The main drawbacks are that you need to buy it separately from HSPICE
itself, and its cost (at least at the time) was relatively high. It had
separate netlisters for PSPICE and HSPICE, which is necessary because as
someone else pointed out, they do have slightly different formats. I
needed both, so it was ideal. Just my two cents' worth.

Good luck.

Jay Diepenbrock

Senior Engineer
Interconnect Technology & Qualification
IBM Global Procurement, B8UA/061, RTP, NC
Phone: 919-543-8804 Fax: 919-543-3642
Email: [email protected]