[SI-LIST] : Make Ibis models for ECL devices...

From: Muhammad S. Sagarwala ([email protected])
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 10:10:50 PDT

Hello

My name is Muhammad. I have been trying to make Ibis models for a few Motorola ECL devices using the Spice Development Kit
on the motorola web site. These are differential devices having differential inputs and outputs.

While generating the data for the power and ground clamp for input side, I connected one input to VBB as described in the spice development kit and connected
the other input to the swept voltage source. The VBB as specified in the spice development kit is -1.325 (assuming VCC=0 and VEE=-5.2). Since I am
using VCC=2 and VEE=-3.2, I changed the value of VBB to 0.675. Is this the right thing to do or am I overlooking something???

Secondly, I was trying to generate the VT curves for the output. The Motorola device is a Fanout Buffer. I don't know what input should I provide to the input of the output
buffer. Can I use a generic pulse signal with a risetime that would be close to the real signal or should I change/degrade the risetime. Does anybody have any idea...

I would really appreiciate if somebody could help me out with this...

Cheers,

Muhammad