RE: [SI-LIST] : Tools for high-speed interconnect design

From: Hassan Ali ([email protected])
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 12:32:58 PDT

Charles,

"Modes to nodes" thing won't give you a SPICE model from the way I
understood that concept from the Ansoft people and from my own past
research. I understood it to be a technique of coupling (interfacing) the
traditional SPICE-based electrical circuit (nodal) simulation with 3D EM
field (modal) simulation. In this technique the models of the interconnects
are implicitly generated and utilised. The generated interconnect models
would mean nothing to external SPICE-based simulators. Ansoft people may
correct me if I'm wrong.

And BTW, is Ansoft HFSS 8 already available?

Regards.

Hassan.