RE: [SI-LIST] : Effects of thieving on SI and EMC.....

From: Rees, Roger R ([email protected])
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 14:10:53 PDT

The thieving patterns guarantee plating uniformity. Some (high quality)
vendors have changed their process so they perform the plating operation
PRIOR to outer layer etch thereby eliminating the thieving requirement.
Granted this plates more copper and requires more copper to be etched, but
they claim a much better control of the plating uniformity.

Roger Rees