Re: [SI-LIST] : Bus Design Methodology in SpectraQuest

From: Patrick Riffault ([email protected])
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 08:06:38 PDT

At 06:11 PM 07/31/2000 -0700, Vinh Do wrote:
>Hi all,

Hi,

I've used them quite a bit in the pass and it isn't obvious what needs to
be done
but here goes. I saw Heiko's response I don't know if is example topology
contains
the procedure in order to use the source sync capabilities.

This assumes 13.6 functionality.

1) You will need to set up a clock/strobe topology
2) You will need to set up at least one data signals (you can have any
number of
them or I have not run into a specific limitation)
3) You will need to couple the data to the strobe somehow (big resistor
between the
two tops, coupled line model, same power source for pull-ups ....)
4) You will need to setup you stimulus. The custom stimulus is required
then you need to
determine sync, async, rise/fall edge or both edges.
5) You will need to do that for all of the drivers in the simulation
6) You will need to assign the data signal to the appropriate strobe. I
recommend setting only the
data signals you need unless you want alot of data in the reports. look
into the meaning of
all of the functions (previous cycles, next cycles, edges and so on. It
takes a while to figure
it out but once you do it becomes simple algebra).
7) You will need to set up custom measurements. The regular reflections
measurement will not
work well with source sync.

Then let her rip.

Patrick