Re: [SI-LIST] : Parallel Termination in Theory and Practice

From: Scott McMorrow ([email protected])
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 13:12:24 PDT

Abe,

There are some very nice buffers now available in some ASIC vendor's
families which have programmable parallel termination. You can
program the termination to have either a 50 ohm terminator or not on inputs
and program drivers to have either a 50 ohm or 25 ohm source impedance.
Both allow you to tailor the driver to end or middle of line conditions.

regards,

scott