RE: [SI-LIST] : Heat sink and radiated emissions

From: Barry Ma ([email protected])
Date: Fri Jul 28 2000 - 08:53:10 PDT

Actually, there are three possibilities, which may contribute to the fact that the plastic/metal heat sink radiates as well as aluminum heat sink at frequencies above 1.5 GHz:

1. The plastic moves close to metal due to capacitance between metal particles.
2. The aluminum moves to poor conductor due to lower conductivity at GHz.
3. Both move toward each other and become closer.

If we can compare to radiation results of ceramic heat sink and no heat sink above 1.5 GHz, we may determine which plays a major role.

Thanks.
Best Regards,
Barry Ma <[email protected]>
ANRITSU www.anritsu.com