[SI-LIST] : Gigabit cable assembly

From: Sunil Kumar ([email protected])
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 01:56:02 PDT

Hello everybody.

In my application, 1.5Gbps links have to be taken from one cabinet to
the other. There are sixteen links taken from one card (cabinet) taken to
another card (cabinet). The connectors for these sixteen duplex links
have to be accomodated over a length of 8 inches of board edge. I am
thinking of using copper cables. Multiple high speed right angle
connectors will be used on the board. The length of the cable
will be less than 5 meters. As the connectors have to mounted on the front
side of the board, I can not use the backplane connectors: VHDM, Metral
etc. The connectors which I know are DB9 and HSSDC. But the problem is
they are too big for my application. I don't have space to put multiple
connectors of any of these types. Can anybody please suggest me a smaller
connector and the corresponding cable assembly?

Thanks

Sunil Kumar Bahuguna PH: 91-80-2204616
Research Engineer Fax: 91-80-2263256
ATM Group Email: [email protected]