Re: [SI-LIST] : Low Voltage SDRAM

From: D.C. Sessions ([email protected])
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 12:53:32 PDT

Tham Kok Tong wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Does anybody know if there is any low voltage(1.5v etc.) SDRAM in
> existence? If so, please let me know the manufacturer and the part name.

'Fraid not. SDRAM manufacturers are just now planning the transition
between 2.5v and 1.8v cores.

The reason is pretty simple: cell capacitance is limited, and the
charge available to store a bit is greater if you use more voltage.
Given the huge cost of SDRAM process development and the razor-thin
margins, you're not going to see special low-voltage versions.

--
| Bogus as it might seem, people, this really is a deliverable       |
| e-mail address.  Of course, there isn't REALLY a lumber cartel.    |