Re: [SI-LIST] : Fw: Relay switching spike

From: Joan Vicent Castell Balaguer ([email protected])
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 10:31:11 PDT

Srajudheen escribi�:

> >I am switching a relay between 21v and Read signal of microprocessor for
> >programming an EPROM. But while switching from 21v to read a 21 v spike is
> >coming to the read signel. Can I know the reason, and how can I solve this
> >problem.

Hi Srajudheen,

It looks like a bouncing. I meen, when you close a switch the contacts can
bounce due to their mechanical character, creating in your Read lead one or a
series of rectangular spikes. Another thing is when you open the switch: if the
load is something inductive and there is some current flowing a L � dI/dt
spike will appear, but I don't thing this is your case.

You can try to change your relay whith another one but to go fast I sugest you
to replace it whith a PNP-BJT. Solid state switch doesn't have bouncings.

I hope it helps you,

Joan V. Castell