[SI-LIST] : How do IBIS models work?

From: Christoph Hillen ([email protected])
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 01:18:25 PDT

Hello group,

I've got a beginner's basic question regarding IBIS-models...
What do I see if I look at the data in the models, e.g. GND-clamp?
Is this really a measurement which can be reproduced in a lab? If so, how would
this measurement look like?
How can a simulation software tell me anything about waveforms on a pcb with
this data? In some models there's no risetime, but if I use it in a simulation
tool, it will lead to a waveform...?
I would appreciate if anyone of you could explain that to me or give a hint for
a book for a good starting point...

And what is an eye-diagram?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,