RE: [SI-LIST] : DIFF PAIRS

From: Salvador Aquinaga ([email protected])
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 15:09:22 PDT

Sean,

For edge-coupled, symmetrical stripline pairs you will need a
separation >15 mils. Or if you want them strongly coupled, you
will have to increase the dielectric thickness to 10 mils on each
side of the Signal layer. Both these will give you (roughly)
Z0 =3D 50 Ohms +/- 10% and Z0D =3D 100 +/- 10% (most likely just
under the target value, depending of the etching process).

Talk to your board vendor about their etch process to understand
the geometry of the finished (or etched) traces.

Hoping this is the kind of info you were looking for,

-- Sal Agui=F1aga Jr./3Com

Sean Murray <[email protected]> on 06/12/2000 04:07:57 PM

Sent by: Sean Murray <[email protected]>