RE: [SI-LIST] : Upper limit of interplane capacitance

From: Larry Miller ([email protected])
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 11:08:29 PDT

An excellent treatment.

Taking all of this into account, what would you say is a rough limit
frequency for PCBs and coupling caps as a circuit packaging methodology? It
seems like it would be size dependent. For a 6 inch square effective board,
maybe 1 GHz? Do you think you can extend this up by putting in stitched
moats to subdivide a board into smaller effective sheets? Hoo-ha?

Larry Miller