Re: [SI-LIST] : RE: Split Plane

From: Dennis Tomlinson ([email protected])
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 06:53:48 PDT

[email protected] wrote:

> Doug et al-
> Has anyone extended the '0.35' rule beyond single-order systems?
> Terman's
> Radio Engineers Handbook talks about '0.45' for multi-order waveforms
> with overshoots in the 10% range - but doesn't reference any derivation.
> I'd be curious about high Q networks up to 50% for ex.
> Anyone?

I'll take a shot at a second order low pass with two infinite zeros. It
may necessarily contain terms like Q or z[eta], and w0 in addition to
BW (a function of z and w0). I expect the result to be mucked up a
bit more that the first order case.

One caveat, It'll have to wait for the weekend. Anyone else wishing to
take a crack at it is welcome.

Regards,

Dennis