[SI-LIST] : Selection of Characteristic Impedance - regarding

From: selvaraj subramanian ([email protected])
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 01:41:17 PDT

Hello,

I am little bit confused in selecting the characteristic impedance of a trace.

How can I select the Zo of a trace for a particular application? Does it depends upon the frequency of the signal flowing through the trace?
Does it depends upon the driver capability?

Let me know how to decide upon Zo of a trace for an application. What are the parameters I have to consider before deciding Zo of a trace?

If you have any information or application note, you can send it to me. That will be very helpful to me.

thanks and regards,
Selva

S. SELVARAJ
Senior Engineer - VLSI/System Design - Global R&D Solutions
Wipro Technologies
"Samrudhi Bhavan"
37, Castle Street
Ashok Nagar
Bangalore-560 025, India
Tel: 91-80-5367297/98 Ext:115
Fax: 91-80-5576032
E-mail: [email protected]
www.wipro.com
The World's First SEI CMM Level 5 Software Services Company