Re: [SI-LIST] : Replying to Job Postings

From: Kim Helliwell ([email protected])
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 15:21:47 PDT

Ray Anderson wrote:

> The economy is good as evidenced by the multiple
> job postings on si-list as of late.
>
> Just a quick reminder to those who choose to reply to the
> job postings: Please reply to the poster, not to the entire
> list.
>
> Replying to the list does a couple of things:
>
> 1. Increases list traffic and eats up bandwidth.
>
> 2. Sends your resume to 1500+ people
> (maybe your present boss)
>

> -Ray

While sending one's resume to 1500+ people may not be a bad
thing :-), it may also be important to remind people that
just doing a "reply" or "send" to a list email will send the
mail to the list. To send it to the individual, you have to
edit the "To:" field before you send it out. I think this
little detail has escaped some members (myself included) in
the past.

--
Kim Helliwell
Senior CAE Engineer