Re: [SI-LIST] : advice needed

From: Thorsten Baumheinrich ([email protected])
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 08:47:09 PDT

Hello Ta-Cheng,

TCL> I am interested in signal integrity issues in
TCL> high speed ASIC design. I came across a book
TCL> "digital system Engineering" by
TCL> W. J. Dally and J. W. Poulton, Cambridge University
TCL> Press, 1998

TCL> Is this book suitable for beginners? I have
TCL> background in Field and Wave.

The Dally book in fact is highly recommendable in this area.
It spans a bow from the basics and application type of view, package
issues, transmission lines & their characterization, circuits,
signaling, noise, power-supply-issues, esd ... all the way to
synchronization, timing & a bit of PLLs & DLLs
Quite well suited for self-studies and as a reference.

Even without a strong circuit background you get solid base to start
from with this book.

Sorry for the ad-type reply, but this book is used by many engineers
in our group - we found it to be very informative.

--
Best regards,
 Thorsten Baumheinrich