RE: [SI-LIST] : Differential Clock Signal Pair

From: Moran, Brian P ([email protected])
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 13:35:33 PDT

As I mentioned way back at the beginning of this dialoque I believe
broadside coupled differential pairs are also a good solution for some
applications. In particular where length tuning is important such as with
very high frequency clocks and/or 2 GHz and above parallel interfaces. This
eliminates length matching problems and excessive vias problems, and
provides better characteristics overall. The problem is it is difficult to
acheive high differential impedances.

Brian P. Moran
Intel Corporation, FM6-45
1900 Praire City Road