Re: [SI-LIST] : Why is this spice model converted to ibis model by SpiTran?

From: Mike LaBonte (
Date: Wed May 10 2000 - 11:42:30 PDT

I believe you are asking how to create an IBIS file from the given SPICE file
using SpiTran. Since the SPICE file contains only buffer models, SpiTran should
be a good tool to use. The IBIS tools page at
has the link for downloading SpiTran. There is documentation that comes with
SpiTran - just open index.htm with a web browser. This documentation has links
to get the other pieces you need (Java and s2ibis2). It also includes a
"SpiTran Introduction" presentation, which gives step-by-step instructions for
using SpiTran to convert a buffer (sample files provided). Of course there is
a feedback link for sending email to me, if you need more help.

Mike LaBonte